Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Teeth

Lunch conversation of the day:

S: "Mommy, these carrots and apples that I am eating are helping my loose teeth wiggle." [Her bottom two teeth are slowly, slowly, SLOWLY starting to loosen up. She and I, of course, talk about them like they are hanging on by a thread. Excitement on both of our parts. :-)]

Me: "They sure are. Mommy lost a tooth taking a bite of an apple one time."

S: (eyes really wide) You did???

Me: "Yep. And then there was another time when I was eating a peanut butter sandwich - the kind with the peanuts that you do not like, S, when another tooth came out." [at which point, I point at the back of my jaw to show her where I had lost the molar)

S: (eyes even wider than the last time) "Your tooth came out of your ear?!?!?!"

No comments: