Wednesday, February 18, 2009

OHS Picture

First of all, so PROUD of myself for figuring out how to e-mail pics from my phone! YEA for me. :-)

Okay, so here is what you are looking at:

The large grey spot on the left is the lesion that they are treating right now. That started out as a small spot. It is on top of the center of my retina, which is why they cannot operate on it. It would either cause me to lose my central vision or could cause the histo spot to reactivate and grow even more.

The area on the right that looks like it has a light in it and then there are vessels coming out is the optic nerve area. The optic nerve itself is there where all of the blood vessels meet . The black lines that surround the optic nerve are scars. It is one big circle of histoplasmosis. This is what may have caused the damage to the optic nerve. 

I know this may be gross to some of you, but I know it helped me to look at it with the doctor yesterday and really understand what we were looking at. 

No comments: