Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!

They were talking it up last night - SNOW! ICE! SLEET! BAD ROADS! Blah, blah, blah.... I woke up at 6 a.m. and schools were listed as OPEN. Preparing myself to talk it up to Sophie and remind her that we did get a little snow last week and that surely it would snow again soon. Well, then John looked out the window. Snow coming down and STICKING ON THE STREETS!!! Within five minutes, it came across that Sophie was, indeed, getting a snow day. 

It is all that I can do to let Sophie sleep this morning. I am so excited to see her reaction that I want to go wake her up right now. Self control, Mommy. Practice some self control. Charging the battery now to get lots of good snow day pictures for this blog.

On another note, please continue to pray about my eye. I have not regained any of the vision back. I am patching as much as I can, but the headaches seem to be inevitable right now. Please pray that, if it is the Lord's will, I will regain some of my vision sooner than later. Please do not misunderstand me - I am not blind in that eye. It is not completely black. I am literally looking through a lesion of fluid. I cannot focus with that eye. I cannot read out of that eye. I can see things far away out of that eye, but it is literally like looking underwater at everything. Just wanted to clarify that as I have had some people think that I was literally seeing black out of that eye.

Please also pray for protection for me from a hemorrhage in the other eye. I have those same histo spots in that eye, so it could just as easily do what the other eye has done. I really do not want to borrow trouble, but I would love to be covered in prayer over it. Love you all!

No comments: